2 WEEK COURSE
4 WEEK COURSE
Choose 2 different courses and / or locations.
6 WEEK COURSE
Choose 2-3 different courses and / or locations.
REQUEST OUR BROCHURE
Please fill out the form below to start downloading[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
PGCE UCL Institute of Education Business;
BA(Hons) History Huddersfield University;
Watch a Business Enterprise Testimonial
Location: London, Cambridge
Academic: Business & Enterprise, Leadership, Entrepreneurial Enterprise
Industry Link: Field visits to real world companies such as Google Campus
Outcome: Enhance your CV, academic broadening and knowledge
Awards: Certificate awarded upon completion of the course, graduation ceremony
Tutors: Highly qualified tutors, specialists in their field, educated at top Universities
Social Programme: Exciting social programme including 3 coach trips
WATCH OUR VIDEOS
BUSINESS ENTERPRISE SUMMER COURSE FOR 15 TO 18 YEAR OLDS
This course is intended to provide students with a firm grounding in Business skills and the skills necessary in Entrepreneurship and Business Enterprise.
It is intended for any student wanting to study Business or related subject at a UK University and could prove a valuable addition for their University application. It will provide students the Business skills by looking at start up companies, Marketing and Accountancy, necessary Enterprise and Innovation. This course will have both academic and practical applications as well as talks from successful business people.
Students will work in teams and individually to develop a Business idea through to a start up company. Through workshops, lectures and mentoring, students will learn business and communication skills and leadership from “Apprentice” scenarios. Guest speakers and visits to enterprise areas in London such as the Boom Tech area in Shoreditch, Google Campus to listen to start up companies and the City Financial District will be included and will prove invaluable to students and compliment the Lectures and workshops.
Why Should you join this Course?
This course is aimed at Budding Entrepreneurs all over the world who are interested in Entrepreneurship and Business and would like to learn and share and develop their ideas with similarly like minded students. This is a Business course that will teach you Modern Business Skills and Management Ideas for a 21st Century Business. Aimed at Teenage Entrepreneurial Spirit and Drive this course will allow you to harness your potential and share Business Concepts with other International Students.
Discuss how Entrepreneurs such as Evan Spiegel developed their Business's.
For those students who would like to study Economics at University and budding Entrepreneurs the academic content of this course will explore the world of enterprise and look at ways of creating and managing a successful business.
Students will learn principals of business ethics and Social Media importance in 21st century businesses.
LITE Regal Business Enterprise school has one of the most innovative and immersive leadership and business programs for 15-18 years old in the marketplace today. Our business school model prepares students to be successful in a business environment and provides them with role models and resources to be successful. Our mission is to expose youth to business theory and principles through our experiential learning model.
The key learning objective is to provide students with the academic and social knowledge of business and enterprise and also provide students with additional skills and experience that could prove beneficial in their application to top Business Schools, Universities and future careers. Through confidence building and interview techniques and curriculum vitae help, students will be able to confidently answer questions asked by University admissions tutors such as “Why do you want to study business?" and "What have you done and/or achieved that shows your ambitions and interest for business?" and "Why would you be a valuable addition to our course?"
Key learning objectives if you attend this course will be: team working and working independently, thinking of a business concept and developing the idea, understand the nature of business start ups. Students will also learn about accountancy and finance concepts used in banking and trading and in business enterprise (e.g. break even and profit) whilst also improving their debating and leadership skills.
Students will learn concepts on:
Business, Economics, Accountancy, Finance, Marketing, Economic-Social-Political Environment, Communication Skills, Leadership
- Introduction to Business skills / Entrepreneurship & Course Outline
- Business Studies and Economics
- Business Organisation and Environment
- Microeconomics – individual or company economics vrs National
- Company Start up Procedures in UK , Europe and Overseas.
- Research on current economic trends
- Start-up business model
- Developing financial model for start up
- How to Form a Company and Trademark / IP – Intellectual Property and Registration of Logos eg Coca Cola and IP Disputes
- Financial models
- Finance and start-ups
- Accounting and Finance Level 1 Business Start- up Plan, Ways to raise finance for a new business – crowd funding, Asset Finance
- Accounting and Finance Level 2 - Advanced
- Business Profit and Loss accounts, Why File Profit and Loss Accounts. Off shore Company Formations
- Marketing – How the 4P’s drive Marketing - Price and Product and Promotion and Place. Different Areas of Marketing – Marketing, Google Ads, Social Media. Marketing and development for start-up companies
- Human Resources – Human Resource Management (HRM) – Definition. Objective and Responsibilities - How to Govern Human Resources and Management of Human Resources. Contractor vrs Freelances vrs Employees , External factors impacting HRM , Ethical Issues in Human Resources
- Employment Law and Business Law
How tech boom companies & social media are necessary for 21st century businesses
Taking business ideas from world leading innovators
Dragon's Den Game
Students learn employability skills from an “Apprentice” scenario
"Real World" Visit
Visits to enterprise areas such as the Google Campus and the City Financial District
As well as the above LITE Regal has teamed up with businesses to provide our young students with a visit to an award winning business to discover business principals and ideas in the “Real world”. Business visits will include a tour and speaker with a seminar in companies such as Google Campus, Tech Boom and Financial Business Areas in the City of London, Box Shops and Pop Ups.
For the Business Enterprise Course (2018) LITE Regal has confirmed a visit to London Google Campus.
LITE Regal Summer School will be an experience to remember. You’ll develop personally and academically as you are inspired, challenged and supported. From the programme you can expect to:
- gain invaluable insight through workshops that could prove advantageous in your future University application and career choice
- find out about various forms and principles of creative writing, which are not necessarily taught at school but could be perfect for you to study at University
- develop critical solving skills
- make new friends from all over the world
- learn from world-class academics and researchers at a University ranked second best in the world
- consolidate and develop your current knowledge of creative writing
- improve your study skills whilst working in a range of stimulating environments
- develop your practical skills as well as your theoretical knowledge
- work in teams to develop your interpersonal and organisational abilities
- enjoy LITE Regal experience
The LITE Regal Summer School isn’t all about work! Our dedicated Events Team has created an exciting action packed social programme to complement your studies to ensure you have as much fun as possible, make friends and get the most out of your stay with us.
Excursions take a full advantage of an excellent transport network both from London and Cambridge, giving you a real taste of life in England.
Destinations can include: Harry Potter World, Windsor Castle & Eton College, Oxford, Brighton, Chessington World of Adventure.
After School Activities
There is so much going on in London and Cambridge and we don’t think you’ll be bored. After classes you’ll have a range of activities to enjoy too.
Here are a few examples of the kind of activities you might have the opportunity to enjoy this summer:
visiting London Eye, Madame Tussauds or the famous Houses of Parliament, film nights, punting down the river, visiting a West End Theatre, themed parties, sports including tennis, swimming, dancing and many more.
We understand that students will want some free time to relax, attend to personal administration and contact their families. Some free time will be provided for rest and relaxation, however, we believe the most valuable experience to the student is a fully immersive, packed programme of activities and so students should expect to be engaged in team activities for the majority of time.
You will be accommodated in one of the College campuses. You will be allocated a room, usually sharing a twin room with another student of the same gender. Typically students will be accommodated on single-sex corridors or floors, with staff members and mentors always available on site. Living all together is a great way to make friends and sample the university lifestyle, as the welcoming environment allows you to develop a sense of community.
Breakfast and lunch is served and eaten in the College dining hall, which provides a bright and comfortable space for communal meals. Students will enjoy a varied and healthy diet: all meals are freshly prepared and special diets can be catered for with advance notice. A three-course dinner is provided daily either in the College dining hall, or in various restaurants as part of the social programme.
Safety and Security on Campus
Students will be overseen by our course leaders and residential staff to classes and activities, who ensure that students are looked after pastorally and socially during their programme and are available to assist students at any time of the day or night.
All students will be issued with emergency contact details for staff members and will be given a full safety briefing on arrival.
LITE Regal Summer School offers a safe and secure environment that is staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by our friendly and professional team. We have a dedicated team of Managers, Teachers and College Mentors. The welfare of our students is our main priority at all times and our staff specialise in the pastoral care of older teenagers.
Our Management team is headed by the College Principal, who takes responsibility for the daily running of the college, and supervises the Academic Programme. The Social & Welfare Manager takes charge of the Social Programme and is supported by a team of College Mentors, who ensure everyone is happy, safe and having fun.
Working together, our Managers ensure that every aspect of the college runs smoothly, safely and offers every student the chance to participate fully.
Our Mentors are key members of staff who support and assist our students within the college accommodation and throughout the Social Programme. Our team of College Mentors work with our Social & Welfare Manager in organising the college’s social events and excursions, as well as accompanying students into campuses and during day trips. They are approachable and caring, ensuring that all students get involved in the life of the college.
Students on the Business Enterprise course:
- must be aged 15-18 before 1st September 2018 (if you are unsure of the age criteria entry please contact our registration team)
- must show enthusiasm for Business, Enterprise and Entrepreneurship
- must be fluent or near-fluent English language speakers – if you are unsure whether your English level is suitable for this programme, please contact our registration team
- must show motivation for attending the programme and participate in terms of attendance at lessons, meals and events
All successful applicants will also be required to provide a signed letter of consent from their parent or guardian. If offered a place, students and parents / guardians will also be required to sign a Code of Conduct for the summer school.
- Over 40 Hours Of Tuition Over Two Weeks
- All Course Materials
- Guest Lectures And Industry Visits
- Academic Reports And Certificates
- Wide Range Of Afternoon & Evening Activities
- 3 Coach Excursions To Various Parts Of UK
- Graduation Party
- Accommodation On The University Campus
- Breakfast, Lunch And Dinner
- Free WiFi (subject to availability)
- Bed Linen & Towels Provided
- LITE Regal Welcome Pack