2 WEEK COURSE
4 WEEK COURSE
Choose 2 different courses and / or locations.
6 WEEK COURSE
Choose 2-3 different courses and / or locations.
Request our 2018 brochure
Please fill out the form below to start downloading[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
Location: London, Cambridge
Academic: Banking, corporate investment, microeconomics, macroeconomics
Industry link: Field visit to The Bank of England
Outcome: Enhance your CV, academic broadening and knowledge
Awards: Certificate awarded upon completion of the course, graduation ceremony
Tutors: Highly qualified tutors, specialists in their field, educated at top Universities
Social Programme: Exciting social programme including 3 coach trips
WATCH OUR VIDEO
INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS, FINANCE & ECONOMICS FOR 18–24 YEAR OLDS WITH LITE REGAL SUMMER SCHOOL
International Business, Finance and Economics represents the core engine of development in every country.
Lite Regal Education / Lite Regal Summer School through a series of lectures, tutorials and workshops will give students a thorough grounding in International business, finance and economics. The Course is available in Cambridge or London Campuses.
This course is intended for students aged 18 to 22 Undergraduates who are interested in the field of International Business, Finance and Economics. Although no prior knowledge is required to take this course an understanding of business/finance/economics terminology, an interest in finance, banking, corporate investment, microeconomics, macroeconomics and economics would be useful. Young people set their goals for building a successful career and this course is very effective tool for acquiring new knowledge and know-how, especially for those who plan to continue with education related to International Economy, Corporate and Investment Banking, Finance & Advisory, Consulting etc.
This 2 Week Summer School Course will bring to the higher level mindset of every attendant, open new horizons and provide new opportunities in every aspect.
In the era of multinational companies that spreads their business across the globe, it is the most important to make an effective and efficient logistic. Exactly this course through a series of classroom lectures, small tutorials, and workshops will provide students to learn, dissect and discuss various issues in International Business, Finance and Economics.
Lite Regal Summer School International Business, Finance and Economics will be available either in the Cambridge Campus or London Campus. Students on the course will have the experience of being accommodated and learning within one of the Colleges of Cambridge or London depending on their location choice. The courses are fully residential and include all meals, lessons and after class educational and cultural tours. After activities are action packed and includes sports, theatre trips, and other University College trips and of course students are guaranteed educational fun and a unique learning experience with Lite Regal.
International Business covers can be defined as the study of multinational companies. It comprises all commercial transactions (private and governmental, sales, investments, logistics, and transportation) that take place between two or more regions, countries and nations beyond their political boundaries.
Finance can be defined as the science of money management it aims to price assets based on their risk level and their expected rate of return. Finance can be broken into three different sub-categories: public finance, corporate finance and personal finance. This course will provide in detail approach to corporate finance that aren't all that different from investment banking.
Investment banking provides various financial-related and other services to individuals, corporations, and governments such as raising financial capital by underwriting or acting as the client's agent in the issuance of securities. An investment bank may also assist companies involved in mergers and acquisitions (M&A) and provide ancillary services such as market making, trading of derivatives and equity securities, and FICC services (fixed income instruments, currencies, and commodities).
Although they are often taught and presented as very separate disciplines, economics and finance are interrelated, inform and influence each other. When economists succeed in their aims to understand how consumers and producers react to changing conditions, economics can provide powerful guidance and influence to policy-making at the national level.
The course will discuss in detail the matter of the business across the globe, foreign direct investment, how the finance sector follow the business and impact on the economies of contries, regions and whole world. It combines comprehensive coverage of the core economic principles with a focus on their application in the context of business and corporate finance related to economy.
The International Business, Finance and Economics Course Syllabus will include:
Background and History of International Business, Finance and Economics
- Core definition of International Business
- From the Stephen Hymer as a pre-cursor in developing a theory of multinational companies
- Correlation between the International Business, Finance and Economics
- Core principles in microeconomic theory
- Key mathematical techniques common in microeconomic theory and what is the experience in applying these techniques to economic problems
- Strengths and weaknesses of using formal methods to analyse economic problems
- Key mathematical techniques common in microeconomic theory
- Acquiring the knowledge and technique to enable them to analyse macroeconomic issues in a mature manner
- Preparation for further study, research and for practical application of their macroeconomic
- Work with macroeconomic models to derive results and solve problems
- Importance of economics when considering business issues
- Analysis why firms exist and why they may operate under different market structures
- Recognition the constraints of firm size
- Know what price / non-price strategies can used by the firm
- Modern economics and its application to financial systems and organisations
Theory of Finance
- How the assumptions about investment behaviour and risk underpin finance theory ?
- Compare different capital asset pricing approaches
- Analysis of the determinants of prices in option and currency markets
- Application the pricing models on a range of financial securities
- Evaluation the arguments relating to capital market efficiency
- Problems solution under time constraint
Corporate and Investment Banking
- Definition and Roles in Finance and Investment Banking
- Overview of Private Equity, Hedge Funds and Venture Capital Firms
- Definition of an Investment Bank
- Investment Banking Industry Overview
- Career Paths at an Investment Bank
- The Pitch Process
- Buy Side vs. Sell Side of a Transaction
- Initial Public Offerings
- Expectations of an Investment Banking Employee
- Overview of Financial Accounting (Balance Sheet, Cash Flow, Income Statement)
- Financial Statement Analysis
Through tutorials and workshops students on the International Business, Finance and Economics will work with the finest tutor and peers in researching and discussing cutting edge topics.
Series of Workshops and Case Studies
There will be case studies in each of the major topics of the above syllabus to reinforce understanding as well as workshops:
- There is a direct correlation between the International Business, Finance and Economics discussion
- How the Microeconomics can help to analyse economic problems discussion
- Analysis of the Global Financial Crisis 2007- 2008, discuss the cause and consequences from the corporate banking view and give your conclusion
- Is there any good result from the expansionary monetary policy of European Central Bank discussion
- There is a change in global trade positions, China is overtaking the leadership. How it will affect the world economy, finance and business globally. Give your opinion and make conclusion.
Students will have a Unique opportunity on this Course to visit The Bank Of England.
Founded in 1694, the Bank of England is the central bank of the United Kingdom. Sometimes known as the ‘Old Lady’ of Threadneedle Street, the Bank’s mission is to promote the good of the people of the United Kingdom by maintaining monetary and financial stability. Nationalised in 1946, the Bank is a corporation wholly owned by the UK government. Overseen by a board of directors known as Court, the Bank is accountable to both Parliament and the public.
Among the many functions the basic is to produce secure bank notes and keep inflation low and stable, also to supervise banks, insurers and make safeguard the stability of the financial system. The Bank of England is a diverse organisation made up of roughly 3600 dedicated public servants.
In addition to this there are educational visits to other Colleges of Business in London, Cambridge and Oxford. There will be a tour of to the London School of Economics.
NEW TASTE OF PROFESSION – INTERNSHIP IN A LONDON FIRM
Due to Lite Regal Education links with UK firms there are a few limited places for students to do an Internship with a leading UK firm. The Internship will only be available in London. Thus if a student has Cambridge as their campus they will have the unique opportunity to be an Intern in a London firm.
The duration of the Internship is either 1 week or 2 weeks. Students will work every day 9am to 5pm in a London firm and put their Business knowledge to use.
Lite Regal will organise full board and accommodation during the student's Internship.
Due to popular demand only a few places will be available for students on course and Internship program. For the details and price of the Internship program please enquire with the admissions department.
On completion of the Internship the organisation will provide the Intern with a reference letter.
LITE Regal Summer School will be an experience to remember. You’ll develop personally and academically as you are inspired, challenged and supported. From the programme you can expect to:
- develop critical solving skills
- make friends from all over the world
- learn from world class academics and researchers at a University ranked one of best in the world
- consolidate and develop your current knowledge of Business, Finance & Economics
- improve your study skills whilst working in a range of stimulating environments
- develop your practical skills as well as your theoretical knowledge
- work in teams to develop your interpersonal and organisational abilities
- enjoy the LITE Regal Education experience
- explore Cambridge or London in your free time and with Lite Regal Education
The LITE Regal Summer School isn’t all about work! Our dedicated Events Team has created an exciting action packed social programme to complement your studies to ensure you have as much fun as possible, make friends and get the most out of your stay with us.
Excursions take a full advantage of an excellent transport network both from London and Cambridge, giving you a real taste of life in England.
Destinations can include: Harry Potter World, Windsor Castle & Eton College, Oxford, Brighton, Chessington World of Adventure.
After School Activities
There is so much going on in London and Cambridge and we don’t think you’ll be bored. After classes you’ll have a range of activities to enjoy too.
Here are a few examples of the kind of activities you might have the opportunity to enjoy this summer:
visiting London Eye, Madame Tussauds or the famous Houses of Parliament, film nights, punting down the river, visiting a West End Theatre, themed parties, sports including tennis, swimming, dancing and many more.
We understand that students will want some free time to relax, attend to personal administration and contact their families. Some free time will be provided for rest and relaxation, however, we believe the most valuable experience to the student is a fully immersive, packed programme of activities and so students should expect to be engaged in team activities for the majority of time.
You will be accommodated in one of the College campuses. You will be allocated a room, usually sharing a twin room with another student of the same gender. Typically students will be accommodated on single-sex corridors or floors, with staff members and mentors always available on site. Living all together is a great way to make friends and sample the university lifestyle, as the welcoming environment allows you to develop a sense of community.
Breakfast and lunch is served and eaten in the College dining hall, which provides a bright and comfortable space for communal meals. Students will enjoy a varied and healthy diet: all meals are freshly prepared and special diets can be catered for with advance notice. A three-course dinner is provided daily either in the College dining hall, or in various restaurants as part of the social programme.
Safety and Security on Campus
Students will be overseen by our course leaders and residential staff to classes and activities, who ensure that students are looked after pastorally and socially during their summer school programme and are available to assist students at any time of the day or night.
All students will be issued with emergency contact details for staff members and will be given a full safety briefing on arrival.
LITE Regal Summer School offers a safe and secure environment that is staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by our friendly and professional team. We have a dedicated team of Managers, Teachers and College Mentors. The welfare of our students is our main priority at all times and our staff specialise in the pastoral care of older teenagers.
Our Management team is headed by the College Principal, who takes responsibility for the daily running of the summer school, and supervises the Academic Programme. The Social & Welfare Manager takes charge of the summer school Social Programme and is supported by a team of College Mentors, who ensure everyone is happy, safe and having fun.
Working together, our Managers ensure that every aspect of the summer school runs smoothly, safely and offers every student the chance to participate fully.
Our Mentors are key members of staff who support and assist our students within the college accommodation and throughout the summer school social programme. Our team of College Mentors work with our Social & Welfare Manager in organising the summer school’s social events and excursions, as well as accompanying students into campuses and during day trips. They are approachable and caring, ensuring that all students get involved in the life of the summer school.
Students on the International Finance, Business & Economics Summer School course:
- must be aged 18-24 before 1st September 2018 (if you are unsure of the age criteria entry please contact our registration team)
- must show enthusiasm for Business, Finance and Economics
- must be fluent or near-fluent English language speakers – if you are unsure whether your English level is suitable for this summer school programme, please contact our registration team.
- must show motivation for attending the summer school programme and participate in terms of attendance at lessons, meals and events
- Over 40 Hours Of Tuition Over Two Weeks
- All Course Materials
- Guest Lectures And Industry Visits
- Academic Reports And Certificates
- Wide Range Of Afternoon & Evening Activities
- 3 Coach Excursions To Various Parts Of UK
- Graduation Party
- Accommodation On The University Campus
- Breakfast, Lunch And Dinner
- Free WiFi (subject to availability)
- Bed Linen & Towels Provided
- LITE Regal Summer School Welcome Pack